The following sets that out in more detail what we believe and is here because it may be of interest to Christians.
Some of the “jargon” will inevitably be unfamiliar if you are not a regular “church-goer”. Some explanation is given.
If you are wishing to volunteer with us it may be helpful for you to know what as Christians we believe in ……..
- the Sovereignty and Grace of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement
- the divine inspiration of Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and authority in all matters of faith and life
- the righteousness and holiness of God
- men and women having been created by ‘Him’ in ‘his’ own image, but in the fall of mankind into sin, making us all subject to God’s condemnation;
- the sacrifice of Jesus, the Son of God ( God in human form ) as the sole and complete basis of redemption ( price-paid freedom ) from the guilt and power of sin ( only Jesus has the authority and ability to sort out the mess we are in ) and from its eternal consequences
- the justification of the sinner ( you and me in our natural state ) solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead
- the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit ( it is God himself in the form of his Holy Spirit who changes us )
- the priesthood of all believers who form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world
- the expectation of the literal return of Jesus Christ in power and glory